Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Follow on

By the way, one of the things I noticed here is that Spanish people tend to always have an answer to everything. Obviously this is a crappy generalization, but I see Americans being more willing to admit ¨I don´t know¨and then go and find the answer themselves. Also, as much as I think she´s kickass, my seƱora apparently knows everything and anything about nutrition, the war in Iraq, diplomacy, oil, and American education, and frankly, almost everything is plain wrong. I never really contradict her, merely nod or bring up an interesting fact. Regardless, I hope all Europeans are not like this...

So far, that of course, has not been the case. My Spanish professor for grammar is awesome. She barely speaks English and when she does, she´s willing to make mistakes, something I admire. She follows the election in the US very closely, and has conceded to me that while she likes Obama (and yes, she DOES admit she does not have a vote nor should she), she recognizes that McCain is not Bush, something that many Americans have yet to discover...
She also lived in Maine for a while and has some funny stories from the US. Oh viajeros.

Love, Peace, Chicken Grease

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greg, we don't need four more years of the same failed Bush policies.