Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pensamientos al azar

My professor told us that she thinks all Madrileños are not amable (courteous, nice) while Americans are superamable. I hate to sound like I usually do, but I have to agree. Not that people from Spain aren´t nice, but their demeanor is at best very standoffish. I have tried and approached many people in convo, only to have a pithy, irritating back and forth. Customer service is nil here. Maybe I´m just hideous, but I´ve gotten this from a lot of people. Also lol, many Spaniards will readily admit this too. Strange. I know it´s a broad stereotype and doesn´t hit home entirely, but there is always an ounce of truth to such phenomenons.

Also, when will the Mets realize that they aren´t in the NL West? They have to win more than half of their games to get to the playoffs. That´s really about it.

Going to take a siesta, then to Sol to search for some food and t'shirts, money is approaching shockingly low levels. Depletion rate complete very very soon. Rosen out.

Oh, and by the way, the Summer 2008 issue is finally up on gwdiscourse.com. While I can´t say I´m decepcionado that it came out so damn late, the work on the issue is up to par and very very thorough. Ash F is a lifesaver. I hope we get our act together in terms of time management, which I don´t doubt we will, but again, congratulations to everyone who worked the issue. Great stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we can't all be the phillies... just kidding, they are slowly folding