Monday, May 26, 2008

En Seria?

Yup folks...I'm in Madrid. The flight sucked, well it wasn't thatttt bad. This little annoying Portuguese girl next to me kept staring at me, wondering why I was switching back and forth from reading El Pais to my English book. It was weird.

Good food though I must say, they got us there early, buen trabajo Iberia!

So the taxi back to the homestay was a pretty incredible ride. The highway that we traveled on, la avenida de america (because in Spain, to them, there is only one American continent), was beautiful and much like the Southern state, but with less green. The cars were pretty much the same, and they did drive on the right, interestingly enough.

The city is nowhere near the size of new york, but absolutely gorgeous from what I've seen. My apartment is on the calle (street) Fernandez de la Hoz, 58. My Senora is an elderly woman probably about 60, who speaks spanish and english well and is really cool. She's got two cats! Yay animales. She sat me down and basically went over keys, food, everything...really nice. And u

I'm pretty exhausted by now, but I'm actually not nervous at all for this adventure, which makes me really happy. I've been waiting a while for this trip. At the airport I met two RAs and a couple of coordinators and they told me my Spanish was really good, another plus. But when I realized my bag had ripped during flight and we went to baggage claim to get a receipt and more money for a new bag, I had to pretend I knew no Spanish so they could act surreptitiously in getting me more money. It felt pretty cool realizing that they felt my Spanish was good enough that they could tell me to act dumb (and speak English lol). Anyways, I'm gonna see what's around this city. And Dad, Everything is secure.

More updates, and fotos luego.

Hasta pronto!

No comments: