Saturday, May 17, 2008

Breaking boredom

So I guess I initially started this blog by succumbing to a friend's desire to see my spiritual, emotional, and physical progress while I travel in Spain overtime, but also from a mountain of boredom, on a Saturday night, on Long Island. Personally, I'm not a big fan of blogs, but I acknowledge and very much respect their potential. They are, for all intents and purposes, living, breathing documents. If Said Person does not stop hounding me to write on my new blog, Said Person might be upset when Peyton "sprains" his ankle next season. Yeah, I went there, I know people from Jersey.

Believe it or not, Long Island, can be boring. It also doesn't help that most of my friends are away at school in DC, and I've pretty much shut down most connections to my hometown aside from my family, something that while momentarily agonizing, I don't really regret.

I've been watching "House" for a pretty long time, wishing that I could have that witty, genius sense of humor, simultaneously realizing that he's an actor as well. I seriously could keep going about the show, but frankly, at this point, it's in the past.

The one thing I will harp on is my desire for ice cream. I really want some ice cream. I think it may be that because everybody is gone, and I don't feel like getting up without meeting someone, that my desire for ice cream has grown exponentially in the past hour. Then I saw an awesome commercial for Dairy Queen. But, Dairy Queen doesn't even exist on this giant of an island. Why do you taunt me DQ?

One really nice thing to wake up to today (at 4 PM) was Billy Wagner finalizing a strong win by the Mets over crosstown Bombers. That was nice. Everybody's making a big deal about how pissed off Wagner was at particular players, and starts making wild accusations at his motives. All he said was that certain players need to be held accountable with regard to the media. Somehow, that got translated as "I hate Black People", because he might have pointed near or around Delgado's locker. First of all, Delgado is from the Dominican Republic, and mostly Hispanic. Second, Wagner probably is a racist, but nothing of comments insinuates any sort of the press he's received. That's as if I said "Guys, I really dislike coffee" and someone says to me "So why do you hate Colombians, in fact, all people south of the border?". Thus my anger.

The one thing you'll realize as I write this blog is that my mind moves really fast, often without any connection to the previous thought. My unconscious mind has quite the ability to control. Arite, I'm gonna finish my episode, sorry, webisode of House, ciao!

No comments: